The Fabema FMC-N is a multi-functional controller for traffic lights with up to 32 signal groups, 256 signal lamps for carrying out simple to complex traffic engineering tasks in accordance with DIN VDE 0832-100 to 500, TL – LSA 97, Rilsa, EN 12675, EN 12368 and NEN 3384.
After 45 years of experience as a maker and user in the traffic systems sector, this controller was developed. It even keeps traffic flows under observation .
Minimum installation expenditure through the use of two-wire systems. Optionally, as a completely freely selectable open ring circuit or in accordance with type class "D" of the TL – LSA 97 prescribed star circuit, without laborious data distributors or terminating resistors.
Intelligent, fully monitored LED signal sensor to guarantee protective measures in accordance with DIN VDE 0832, with optional connection for three independent detectors, keys, inductive loops or cameras respectively. Mains operation, independent battery/solar power operation or hybrid supply possible.
- Graphical, programmable Fabema® TrafficStudio software for completely traffic dependent programming. Data transfer into the controller without RS232 via a network interface (RJ 45) available on any off-the-shelf computer or by means of a USB lead/stick.
- Creation of all required traffic system documents in a single process by means of Fabema® TrafficStudio and thus direct supply of the controller. The planner programmes.
- Direct equipment and user support through experienced software, hardware and traffic engineers on your own premises.
- Touchscreen display with 640 x 480 pixel resolution and 24-bit colour depth for operating the signal unit, as well as depiction and simulation of real situation plans with signals incorporated in the controller. Recording, documentation and printing of the processes and signalling states in real time. Change of non-safety-related system parameters during ongoing operation.
- Filing of different construction phases in the controller (no laborious reprogrammings locally required).
- Operation of complex nodal points with independent control of up to 4 part-nodes.
- File output in text format, thus implementation of any traffic system requirements up to BIT level.
- Option to coordinate with neighbouring signal systems or central computers via GPRS or DCF synchronous time signal using a Fabema® GPRS antenna developed in house.
- Optional cable synchronisation with neighbouring signal systems or integration of external peripherals such as overhead line contacts via 16/16-channel Fabema® I/O unit.
- Optional Fabema® OCIT® computer and communication unit for integration in traffic computer systems in many German cities.
- Optionally, fault reporting or error status analysis via GSM/SMS or wireless Internet GPRS/UMTS/HSDPA connection for remote maintenance/remote interaction.
- Optional GPS data analysis
- Public transport and emergency vehicle acceleration.
- Optional integration of a monitoring/observation camera.
- A developed and tested Fabema® data transfer method without the typical CAN bus cable length restrictions, as well as no need to consider terminating resistors or CAN repeaters.
- Professional, double-walled weatherproof aluminium cabinet to IP55, with passive temperature compensation as well as with lighting and lockable cable ducts to deter thieves.
- Optionally, an alternative version of the controller and signal detector with terminal blocks.
- Service-friendly cassette construction of the controller. Component exchange if required by the user. Remote monitoring/remote diagnostics/remote interaction of and with signal systems of the type: FMC-N by means of our new UMTS/HSPA modem, including optional connection of a pan-tilt camera for traffic monitoring.
Our remote maintenance system provides the following features (optional):
- Alarm reporting via email or SMS.
- Remote monitoring of the signal system with all processes, programme parameters and detector functions, as well as live recording of current states.
- Remote diagnosis in the event of a fault, read-out of the error memory and the operating log.
- Interaction with the traffic light system through remote control: All non-safety-related parameters, such as green times, start gap times, switching times or daily schedules can be changed during operation.
UMTS/HSPA modem features (optional):
- UMTS/HSDPA*/HSUPA*/GPRS/EDGE <-> Ethernet 10/100
- IP on both interfaces (UMTS, Ethernet)
- web interface for setting UMTS access parameters and router parameters
- VPN feature
- simple firewall functions
* Meanwhile, all German carriers are offering High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) for patently higher receive data rates (so-called "downlink"). Under ideal conditions, in theory up to 14.0 Mbit/s are possible. However, the achievable and usable received data rate is usually lower in practice owing to interference. When expanding HSDPA by means of High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA), the maximum possible send data rate (so-called "uplink") will be increased initially to 1.4 Mbit/s and later to 5.8 Mbit/s. In Germany, HSUPA is supported in some regions by T-Mobile and Vodafone; our forward-looking technology supports this.
Fabema® OCIT® computer and communication unit features (optional):
- Touchscreen display with 640 x 480 pixels resolution and 24-bit colour depth for operating, monitoring and displaying all interface functions in real time. Direct support and matching to local conditions.
Pan and tilt camera features (optional):
- Pan-tilt function, pan range 354°, tilt angle 125°
- max. resolution 640 x 480 pixels, special 1280 x 1024 pixels version available
- Progressive scan ¼“ CMOS technology
- Focal length of the integrated wide angle lens is 4 mm
- 10 x digital zoom
- simultaneous transfer of MPEG4 and MJPEG video data (dual stream)
- RTSP protocol for mobile access (3GPP)
- Sending images via email or FTP
- IP66 weatherproof housing with galvanised mast mounting
- Clear view at any outside temperature and under all weather conditions
Fabema® I/O unit features (optional):
- 16 protected inputs or outputs respectively.
- Ease of inserting the unit at any point of the data links (therefore option to build it into the control cabinet or external infrastructure such as available signal systems, lane systems, central computer, cabinet/box systems).