Light emitting diodes make this possible!
Increasingly, LEDs are lighting traffic lights and traffic control systems. A reliable solution for the next century. And these are the irresistible advantages:
- Using LED technology in FABEMA traffic light systems brings a significant energy saving of up to 70%
- Longer battery life, as they do not have to be charged so often (charging cycle)
- No red lamp failure caused by a filament breaking
- Light engineering tested to DIN 67527 part 1 by an accredited test laboratory
- If there is a technical defect with a LED light, conventional 12V to 20W incandescent or halogen lamps can be used as a bypass (advantage compared with completely flat LED technology)
Maintenance costs fall dramatically, as the life of LEDs is significantly longer compared with incandescent/halogen lamps.